The Laxey and Lonan Allotment Association (LALAA) was formed at an inaugural meeting in July 2009. Since then the committee and many members have worked hard to bring an allotment field to the area. We now have a site on the Baldhoon Road, courtesy of the Parsons family who have generously given us land to work.
Comprised of about 20 plots, LALAA is becoming a well established place to grow your own. Each large plot is sized 40×30′ and popular half-sized plots are 20×30′. We are an organic gardening association and grow edibles in an environmentally friendly manner.
If you’re interested in joining the association, please be in touch to see what spaces we have available. Some other benefits of gardening at LALAA include:
- Organic gardening practices
- Communal shed & wheelbarrows
- Car park for at least three cars
- Water taps & hose-pipes
- Events such as the annual Seed Swap
- 10% discounts for members at local gardening centres
- Annual discounted seed order through Kings Seeds
- Reasonable rents
- Sense of Community
- Beautiful views
- Interested in applying for a plot?